Carrot Soufflé (Prep: min, Cook: min)
Ingredients (for the topping):
1/2 cup crushed corn flakes or walnuts
3 tablespoons brown sugar
2 teaspoons butter, at room temperature
Ingredients (for the soufflé):
1 pound carrots, cooked until tender
1/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
Dash of nutmeg
Pinch of salt (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Puree the cooked carrots and the eggs in a blender (do not use a food processor).
3. Add the sugar, vanilla, butter, nutmeg and salt and blend.
4. Pour into a 1 and 1/2 quart pan or soufflé dish and bake for 40 minutes.
5. Spread the topping over the soufflé and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer until the topping is lightly browned.